Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retirement-for now (4-5-22)

Retirement-for now (4-5-22)

To the best Raiding Guild on the server,
    Its with heavy heart and deep sadness, that I announce my retirement from EQ.

When Life, stress, and health all take a turn in life, you have to take a step back and try to change things to make them better.

I can't thank everyone enough for giving a lowly wiseass SK that hardly knew how to play his class a home away from home. It has been one of the most rewarding and exciting year and a half of my life playing a game ever.

I think Hellknight said it best, when he said, "I never knew how to play an SK very well-I just had better Macros than the next guy"
    That about sums it up. Even though some will argue, I may not have known how lol.

It was humbling, and an honor to stand next to the best tanks in the game that truly knew how to play their classes.
    The healers in the game were on point, and kept me up, no matter how much my HPs fell.
    The other classes def were on point.....most of them at least.
    The leadership was amazing, and patient-even with lists, and people messing up.
    Some of the best people in the game, and always made me feel welcome
    There were times when I actually felt like I knew the strats, and gave helpful feedback on how to beat things.
    Then I fell behind. I felt tired, started logging off early, and eventually, logging on became more of a chore than fun. When fun turned into hard work, grinding for countless hours.
    I became more tired than awake, and health hasn't been great. Didn't want to do it, and fell into denial.

To all of you, there is nothing any of you can't do. And hopefully, you find it inside and outside of the game.
    Try it outside sometimes-it can be just as great.

Thank you for everything.
    I'm not crying...you're crying.
    Now you can roast me...I deserve it.

TDK (Jeff)

Take care of yourself, first and foremost! We'll definitely miss you (and we already do, in fact! you were always a welcome addition to our otherwise grumpy tank chat), but we'll be here when you get the itch again
    Hope life treats ya well, you deserve it!
    Last edited by Andien; 04-05-2022 at 01:13 PM.

It's tough when life becomes stressful, and things take you away from your hobbies or make them feel like work. Improve your life however you can and find some joy. You'll be missed. /salute.

I've been totally missing you, and will continue to totally miss you. Be well, be happy, and use this bag of virtual hugs that I'm sending to you, as needed. To quote a very wise man (Try it outside sometimes-it can be just as great.)

Dakie (aka Pattib)

Best of luck in whatever you do, hope you get to feeling better. Very classy exit. You will be missed.

Sad to hear this, but I certainly understand! You will be missed bud, I hope you find that balance you are looking for.

Going to miss you the most out of everyone.
    You have been and always shall be my friend!
    Love, Rcee

Although i may not have gotten to know you, it is always hard to hear when people are having issues. Take care. Hope you are able to get back to good health and who knows, maybe you will be able to come back and have fun again.

Kordeen (Greg)

Like Andien said, you are missed. But take care of yourself - if you feel better and EQ becomes fun again - we will be here. But only if you take care of yourself.

Sorry to hear that you decided to retire from EQ, you will be missed.