Thread: A wonderful Gift to me!!

A wonderful Gift to me!!

That I wanted to share with you.

Today, a little House Finch crashed into my glass patio door as it flew away from my bird feeder. I didn't see it hit the window, but I heard it. I went to see if it was alive after the crash and found the little fellow down on the deck, in the freezing cold, holding itself up with its spread out wings, its legs flaccid beneath him.

I quickly ran for a box and a soft cloth to put the little guy in. When I opened the deck door he didn't move, so i picked him up and wrapped him in the soft cloth and put him in the box. I brought him into the warm house, closed the top of the box and put him beside me where i sat reading a book. I was worried that he was so badly injured that he might not live.

For about 20 minutes there was no sound from the box. Then, I heard a rustle. The first sign of hope. When I looked in the box again he had moved from the soft wrap to a place I could no longer see him, but I didn't dare open the box more as I feared he would fly and then be trapped inside the house with me. I went to the patio door, opened it and stepped outside. Once there I gingerly opened the box. The little guy took one look at me, hesitated, then turned his eyes to the sky and flew away.

What a happy feeling to see him go. It made my day!!

Happy Christmas and Winter Holidays to all of you!!!
    Last edited by Dakie; 12-14-2017 at 10:21 PM.

What a wonderful thing to share! Thank you Dakie!

Some things just make your heart feel good. Thanks for sharing....

Very nice Dakie, you did good.

wonderful - best news i read in a while .

everyone have a good christmas
    Not knowing each other creates hate , hate creates war.... so go out and learn more about everyone and there will be peace