PDA

View Full Version : Probably should have posted this 4-6 weeks ago

Unpleasant
04-19-2017, 08:04 PM
Hi guys, Unpleasant here, and as I'm sure most of you have noticed by now, I haven't been 'here' in quite some time. So basically, I had done about everything in group game I was concerned about and then some, and was mostly just trying to gear boxes up some. In other words, I was kind of bored 2-3 months ago, was about to be done with the group game and focus purely on raiding. However, then they went ahead with the wonderful February 15th patch, effectively making SHDs mere eunuchs of what they once were.

Now do I know how to play a SHD without swarming, sure, probably better than most, but the idea of playing without it didn't sound fun, so I stopped. To put it in gaming terms, it is like playing contra without the spread gun, playing super mario brothers where the mushroom is the only power up, zelda without shootey swords, quake without the rocket/grenade launcher, doom without the super shotgun and bfg, Starcraft without infested terrans/zerglings, etceteras. All very possible to play and win without, but sans any fun.

So I'm not really leaving PA per se, but just Everquest in general. I appreciate being allowed to app and join, and hope I am still welcome back if I decide I need Everquest in my life again. Hope you guys continue making good progress, game just stopped being fun for me.

iheart
04-19-2017, 11:40 PM
Clearly, you are into too many games, lol. I haven't played half of those you mentioned. Anyway, does not compute. You say you were about done with the group game and were going to focus on raiding. Yet your reason for stopping is the nerf of swaming? Sorry, but I don't recall a lot of swarming in raids. Come back - we have been suffering from a lack of knights on raids.

Kimer
04-20-2017, 08:28 PM
We miss you Unpleasent, come back and maybe you will find the fun in game again. BTW I sent you an email and /sniff you snubbed me, walks off /sobbing.

Unpleasant
04-21-2017, 03:16 AM
We miss you Unpleasent, come back and maybe you will find the fun in game again. BTW I sent you an email and /sniff you snubbed me, walks off /sobbing.

Yes, but I replied to your message on here before, thought it'd be strange to reply to both.