PDA

View Full Version : beta how to

mcdeath
10-18-2017, 06:10 AM
Welcome to the EverQuest Ring of Scale beta! Everyone that pre-orders Ring of Scale gets immediate access to the beta server once it is available. Playing Ring of Scale on the beta server also has perks for your live server accounts! There is more information coming soon about the reward players will be able to earn by testing expansion content on beta. Without your help, we would not be able to polish the expansion the way it needs to be.

Here is some information to help you get started in Beta:

Please read this entire post carefully. It contains all the information you will need to hit the ground running and make the most of your time in beta.

HOW DO I GET ON THE BETA SERVER?
Use the beta launcher.
If you don’t already have the beta launcher, you can get it here (http://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/EQ_Beta_setup.exe)
There may be a lot of data to download, so please be patient.
You should run the Beta server LaunchPad shortcut before you log in, every time. Failing to do so may cause you to experience crashes or gameplay issues that could be fixed just by patching.
I KEEP GETTING A 1017 ERROR. HOW DO I FIX THAT?
What time is it? If it's 5AM to 7AM Pacific please wait until 7AM and then update your client. We run an automated update every morning that pushes out the latest to beta.
If it's not during our update time, make sure that you've updated your beta client and that in LaunchPad it's still pointed to the "Beta" version.
HOW LONG IS BETA?
The beta test is scheduled to begin on October 25, 2017 and is scheduled to end sometime in December, 2017. However, dates may change if needed.
HOW DO I GET TO BETA ZONES?
When you get onto the Beta server, create your character and head to the Plane of Knowledge and speak to Old Man Thorren.
HOW DO I COPY MY CHARACTER ONTO BETA?
Run /beta in your chat window on the character that you would like copied.
Periodically we will run scripts that will copy characters to the Beta server. Keep in mind that we will be running the character copies on an as-needed basis - not necessarily at regular intervals.
It may take several days for us to copy your character.
THE /betabuff COMMAND
We want people to be able to test the content with a variety of classes and levels. In order to give you that ability to test as much of the expansion as possible, we have created a /betabuff command.
To beta buff, use this command on a level 1 character: /betabuff <class> <level>
This command will only work if the character is level 1 created on the Beta server.
You should target your character to be Level 110 when Beta starts.
BETA FEEDBACK
There are three methods for passing information to us about what you experience during the beta.
Daybreak Issue Tracker (https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=11500)
/bug command
Ring of Scale Forums (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?categories/ring-of-scale-beta-forums.258/)
Opening an issue ticket on the community run DGC Issue Tracker is the preferred way to submit bugs. When submitting an issue tracker ticket please make a new ticket for each issue or suggestion instead of including multiple things in one ticket. Also, you can also search through pre-existing tickets and vote for ones that you would like or add a contribution to the ticket.

Reminder that the Issue Tracker is a third party site and you should NOT use the same user name and password on the Issue Tracker as you do with EQ.

/bug is another way to report bugs. Bugs are gameplay features that do not work, spelling errors, and anything that just does not work as intended. Please give us as much detail about the bug as you can think of when reporting it.

Additionally you can also leave feedback / ask questions / or discuss topics on our Beta boards which can be accessed through the normal forums at (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?categories/ring-of-scale-beta-forums.258/). This should be used to discuss parts of the expansion that work properly, but that you would like to see changed. If you discover an item that you think should have less Wisdom(WIS) and more Intelligence(INT), then use the forums. If you think a certain encounter is too easy or too hard use the forums.

OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Beta installs into a separate folder that takes about the same space as your live game version.
The Beta server may not be accessible at all times, as patching occurs when it is necessary.
The Beta server is wiped periodically, meaning beta characters may be deleted with or without notice.
If you find yourself in dire need of assistance, you can use /petition to contact us for help. Please only petition if the situation is one that you can't correct yourself. For example, if you used /betabuff to create a character and you have lost the corpse, there is no need to /petition. You can just log out, create a new character and use the /betabuff command again.
There is no Non-Disclosure Agreement specifically for this Beta session. We'd still prefer though that you keep the Beta related discussions in the Beta forums (or the Issue Tracker) so that we can keep track of and find information more easily.
Again, thank you for your time and effort in testing this expansion. Your assistance is very much appreciated!

JordisReginleif
10-24-2020, 07:26 PM
Claws of Veeshan Beta Instructions and FAQ
Discussion in 'General Beta Discussion' started by Morrigan, Oct 12, 2020.

Watch Thread
Morrigan
Developer
Help Us Beta Test Claws of Veeshan!

Want to join in on the closed beta for EverQuest's Claws of Veeshan expansion? Here's all the information you'll need to get started!

It's time for EverQuest: Claws of Veeshan beta testing to begin!
Everyone that pre-orders Claws of Veeshan will be granted access to the closed beta once it becomes available. Playing on the beta server will grant you a special reward for your live accounts and will help provide us with valuable feedback as we work to polish the expansion before launch.

Here is all the information you'll need to help you get started with beta:

HOW DO I ACCESS THE BETA SERVER?
Use the beta launcher to access the beta server.
If you don’t already have the beta launcher, you can directly download it here. (There may be a lot of data for you to download, so please be patient and plan accordingly!)
Be sure to run the beta server LaunchPad shortcut every time before you log in. Failing to do so may cause you to experience crashes or gameplay issues that could be fixed by patching.

I KEEP GETTING A 1017 ERROR. HOW DO I FIX THAT?
What time is it? If between 5 AM and 7 AM PT, please wait until 7 AM and update your client. We run an automated update every morning that pushes out the latest to beta.
If it's not during our update time, make sure that you've updated your beta client and that in LaunchPad it's still pointed to the "Beta" version.

HOW DO I COPY MY CHARACTER ONTO THE BETA SERVER?
Run /beta in your chat window on the character that you would like copied.
We've scheduled scripts that will copy characters to the beta server to run alongside the morning patch.
Please note that it can take several days for us to copy your character, depending on patches.

HOW DO I USE THE /betabuff COMMAND?
We want people to be able to test the content with a variety of classes and levels. In order to give you that ability to test as much of the expansion as possible, we have created a /betabuff command.

To beta buff, use this command on a level 1 character: /betabuff
This command will only work if the character created on the beta server is level 1.
You should target your character to be Level 110 when the beta starts.

HOW DO I GET TO BETA ZONES?
When you get onto the beta server, create your character and head to the Plane of Knowledge and speak to Old Man Thorren.

HOW LONG IS THE BETA?
The beta test is scheduled to begin October 21st, 2020, and is scheduled to end sometime in December before Claws of Veeshan launches. However, these dates may be subject to change.

HOW CAN I LEAVE BETA FEEDBACK?
There are currently three methods for passing information to us about what you experience during the beta:
Beta Bug Reports
/bug command
Claws of Veeshan Beta Forums

Starting a thread in the Beta Bug Reports section of the forums is the preferred way to submit bugs. You should search through pre-existing threads and like the top post on that thread if it is important to you. If you have additional information about the bug, please add a comment to the thread. If you cannot find your issue, please make a new thread. When creating a new thread, please make a new separate thread for each issue instead of including multiple things in one thread.

/bug is one way to report bugs. Bugs are gameplay features that do not work, spelling errors, or anything else that does not work as intended. Please give us as much detail about the bug as you can when reporting it.

Additionally, you can also leave feedback, ask questions, or discuss topics on our Beta boards which can be accessed through the forums. For the most part, these boards should be used to discuss parts of the expansion that work properly, but that you would like to see changed. If you discover an item that you think should have less Wisdom (WIS) and more Intelligence (INT), use the forums. If you think a certain encounter is too easy or too hard, use the forums.

OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION

DO NOT USE /claim or the loyalty merchant on beta. This is tied to your live account and will affect your claim items and loyalty crown balance on live.
Beta installs into a separate folder that will take up about the same amount of space as the live game version.
The beta server may not be accessible at all times, as patching will occur whenever it is necessary (and frequently between 5 AM and 7 AM PT, as mentioned above).
The beta server will get wiped periodically, meaning beta characters may be deleted with or without notice.
If you find yourself in dire need of assistance, you can use /petition to contact us for help. Please only petition if the situation is one that you can't correct yourself. For example, if you used /betabuff to create a character and you have lost the corpse, there is no need to /petition. You can just log out, create a new character and use the /betabuff command again.

There is no Non-Disclosure Agreement specifically for this beta session. However, we would still prefer that beta-related discussions are kept in the Beta Forums so that we can keep track of and find information more easily.
Again, thank you for your time and effort in testing this expansion. Your assistance is very much appreciated!

Morrigan, Oct 12, 2020Report#1Last edited by EQ Dev, Oct 12, 2020LikeReply